||For students and parents
- What are the courses offered by the college?
The college offers both undergraduate course namely Bachelor in Dental Surgery (BDS), postgraduate Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) courses in all the nine branches of dentistry as well as PG Diploma courses, Certificate courses in Dentistry and PhD programs in four branches. Please refer to our official website (rvdentalcollege.org) for more information.
- Are the courses recognized by Dental Council of India
Yes. All the courses offered by the college are recognized by the Apex bodies and affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. Please refer to our official website (rvdentalcollege.org) for further details.
- What are the criteria for admissions to the courses offered by the college?
Admission to the various undergraduate and postgraduate courses is based on the guidelines of the Government of Karnataka, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka as well as Dental Council of India. The candidate can contact the student section in-charge for further details during the college working hours.
- What is the process of obtaining admission to various courses?
Admission to the BDS and MDS courses is through common entrance examinations conducted by the Karnataka state (CET/PGET respectively) and the COMED-K.
- When does the process of admission start for the various courses?
BDS admission process begins with entrance examination conducted during May-June of the academic year while the entrance examinations for admission to MDS courses are conducted in February. Announcement regarding the same are made in all the major daily newspapers. The BDS academic year begins in August while the MDS academic year begins in June.
- What is the fee structure for the various courses?
The college follows the fee structure prescribed by the government for private dental colleges. Further details may be obtained from the college office during working hours.
- When should the admission/tuition fee be paid?
The admission fees and the tuition fee for the first year should be paid on the day of admission to the respective course.
- Is there a management quota for admissions?
Yes. As per the government provision 20% of BDS seats are reserved under management quota. This is available for foreign nationals or Non Resident Indians or Indian nationals who are unable to get admission through the entrance examinations. However, they have to fulfil the required criteria set by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and Dental Council of India.
- How far is the college from the Airport/Railway station/Bus stands
- Kempegowda International Airport – 42 km
- Railway stations – Bangalore City Junction (Majestic circle) – 11 km
- Bangalore Cantonment station – 12 km
- Yesvantpur Junction – 17 km
- Bangalore City bus stand (Majestic circle) – 11 km
- Bangalore, Shanthinagar Bus stand (for buses coming from Tamil Nadu) – 5.9 km
- Mysore road Satellite Bus Station – 16 km
- Does the college have hostels for boys and girls?
Yes. The college has separate hostels for boys and girls on the campus itself with resident wardens which ensures discipline, safety and security of the students from other places. Food is also provided at a reasonable cost by the hostel mess. A food canteen is also present on the college campus
- Does the college have campus placements?
The college does facilitate graduate student placements through its network with other institutions as well as individual faculty contacts.
- What are the extracurricular activities fostered by the institution?
Sports facilities are available on campus for students. Several cultural and sports competitions are conducted during the academic year that ensure a student’s holistic development.
- What are the student support systems available?
Students are taught by highly qualified faculty according to the academic requirements laid down by the university. Students showing aptitude in certain areas are encouraged and additional training provided to them within the framework of the course. Students who lag behind are helped with remedial classes. All the students are provided mentors whom they can approach throughout their course for any help and guidance.
- Are emergency facilities available on campus?
Yes. If required the individual is shifted to the nearby hospital for further treatment.
- Is the student’s security taken care of?
Yes. Student security is ensured by the security personnel located at all the entrances to the college and hostels round the clock.
- What are the learning resources available?
The college library has all the required books, journals and periodicals for all the courses offered. Online resources are also available on the college campus Wi-Fi network as well as the computer section of the library.
Frequently asked Questions (FAQs) for patients visiting the dental hospital
- What are the dental treatments provided?
The college dental hospital is a comprehensive facility providing all dental treatment procedures within the institution or through its affiliated hospitals. For details of services provided refer to the website rvdentalcollege.org.
- What is the process of obtaining treatment at the hospital?
Patients visiting the college should register at the reception counter and proceed to the general screening section at Room No 2 (Department of Oral Medicine and Dental Radiology) from where you will be guided to the relevant specialty department for further treatment.
- Is the treatment done by students?
Yes. However, the students are guided throughout by the dental teachers. Simple treatment procedures such as routine fillings, tooth cleaning, tooth removal and replacement is done by undergraduate (BDS) students. Advanced/Complex procedures is done by postgraduate students.
- What are the treatment charges?
Treatment is provided at a highly subsidized rate which will be informed to you before the procedure is started. Details will be shortly available on the college website.
- Are concessions given for treatment?
Treatment concessions are given based on the institutions policy guidelines to help needy patients.
- Where is the dental hospital located?
The hospital is located within the premises of the college at CA 37, 24th Main, J.P. Nagar First Phase, Bangalore 560 078 (Opposite Rangashankara Theatre Complex/Innisfree School).
- Does the college conduct any dental camps?
Yes. The college conducts camps regularly both within the premises as well as in the surrounding areas. Both screening (examination) services and free treatment is provided for patients who provide an informed consent.
- Can we request for a camp to be conducted anywhere?
Yes. Any individual or an organization (NGO) who wishes to conduct a dental camp in their institution/organization can send in a formal request to the Principal before the second week of the month in order to help organize the same.
- Is there a general hospital attached to the dental hospital?
Yes. Presently patients requiring hospitalization such as those requiring jaw surgeries, or extensive dental treatment are treated at Sevakshetra Hospital an affiliate hospital. A general hospital is also being developed on the dental college campus itself for the benefit of patients.
- Are dental treatment procedures provided under health insurance?
Presently insurance companies do not cover dental treatment under their policy. However, surgeries under hospitalization can be covered by the same. Please check with the insurance provider for further clarification
The D.A. Pandu Memorial R.V. Dental College has a academically sound faculty in all the branches of Dentistry with meny experience.
|© RV Dental College And Hospital | All Right Reserved | Designed & Maintained by Nitamicrotek